Samstag, 2. Februar 2013

Winter in Hamburg

It was hot in Queensland, very hot, and there was a nice opportunity to escape: So I left Brisbane mid January flying Emirates to Dubai
I got a nice welcome by my little Emily
who was accompanied by her parents Stefan and Yasmine. After a first stop at their place in Hamburg, we arrived at my mum's place in Wedel, where we had a nice hot chicken soup, together with Uwe's mum. A housewife's recipe to avoid a cold!
because it was only -4 degrees
Remarks: if you want some more photos, please see Yassy's blog and my sister's blog. The first weekend I joined Stefan and Yasmine to Berlin, because they wanted to present the latest family addition to my family and friends in Berlin! Here we are: My niece Daniela with Stefan
My aunt Helga with me
My best friend Gisela (whom I met on 1.10.1975 as a colleague, leading to a long term wonderful friendship)
and her husband Guenter, Uwe's best friend!
my brother Herbert with Daniela's son Thorn, his grandson
Gisela with Stefan
Yassy
Daniela with her mum Angela and the young Goldies
we had a nice stay there, and returned to Hamburg.
One morning, I got this view out of the window:
yes, right, beautiful snow, beautiful sky .... -7 degrees - whilst Queensland was fighting with cyclon Oswald, producing floods, heavy winds, tornados across the east coast. Well prepared I went outside on a morning walk:
waving to my mum in the second floor
looking around the snowy area!
Ir's quite practical and useful, the snow: you can leave messages without mobile phone or paper: So when my sister came home, she knew exactly who was trying to visit her that morning!
...to be continued, and don't forget to watch more photos in Yassy's blog and my sister's blog!

2 Kommentare:

  1. Ja, sooo schön das du hier bist!!!
    Ist doch für dich auch mal wieder anderes - diese Kälte und Schnee... und bei Mutter ist ja auch immer gut geheizt!!!

    Bussi sisterli

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi Susan well done, Missing you more than you can imagine.
    Your friend Robyn

    Hi to all your friends and relatives

    AntwortenLöschen