Samstag, 2. Februar 2013

Second week


A typical German winter meal is Green Cabbage with Kasseler and Sausage, so my mum thought it is time to cook it! for her
and for Uwe's mum
and me: look how great it looks. And tasty!
With this meal in my stomach (remember German main meal is dinner at lunch time - at least if you have kids at home or you are not working), I go to the Kindergarden: and asked a girl to take a photo of me and my favourite animal:
I went here to pick up Finnja who was playing with Natalie
I made another walk - along the river Elbe:
the Koala - amongst other paintings - is still there
the coal power station is still working (though it had a break down just when it was only -7 degrees)
This is sunbaking in Germany's wintertime: the sun was shining, and there they are sitting in their winter jumpers and enjoying the warmth of the sun!
the view from that platform direction North Sea
The famous Welcome Point in Wedel, Uwe's birth place! Here in- and outgoing ships are greeted by their national anthem and a welcome song resp. the very famous song "muss i denn"
I was a little bit disappointed because I expected the river Elbe to have ice .... but only snow and ice along the foreshore.
and a shop with flags in the display window .... guess why I took this photo!
In the evenings, we had nice gettogethers with tasty snacks, as you can see:
My sister-in-law Irmtraut
and her husband Otto came along this time.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen