Dienstag, 5. Februar 2013

Happy Australia Day!


This year, Australia Day Celebration was totally different! It was snowing on our way to the event! Here are some participants: 4 generations: Baby Emily, Mum Yasmine, Grandma Maike and Greatgrandma
Yasmine's mum has the same day birthday like her husband Volker, who turned 50! Congratulation once again to both of you!
As quite common during such special birthdays, kids or friends are performing some jokes or reading out some wisdom of life: It's Yasmine's sister Dorothee and her brother Yannick, Yasmine and Stefan as son-in-law
Volker - and all other participants - enjoyed that very much!
The work was done ... so the party could go on!
I also enjoyed that evening! Thanks for the invitation!
After that snowfall, I spotted on my next walk ... right, a snowman:
And my mum invited my sons for dinner ....
and of course my mother-in-law
We all had fun
and it was getting warmer .... and I checked the river Elbe
To my big surprise: now at +3 degrees there was ice
That much ice that they had to cancel the ferry crossing the Elbe (whilst in Brisbane the Citycats stopped due to floods)
unbelievable.
so just compare the photos of this blog with that one before .... the view to the coal power station
But the wind picked up as well, so now the River Elbe flooded the area of Hamburg's fish market. Floods in both my countries. In summertime and in wintertime. ... to be continued

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen